First can we just say thank you for all your feedback and suggestions regarding the online system. Last year alone we had seven releases with over one hundred new features and improvements. As ever, the work that we do here is driven by the members' needs and we are continuing to deliver updates that will make it easier and quicker for you to certify your work.
One of the most requested features has been an alternate method of entering your test results into the system and so we're happy to announce our new Grid Editor.
It allows you to view an entire board on screen at once and to quickly navigate between circuits using the keyboard for faster input. Common values can be copied across all circuits and unused circuits or spares can all be filled in with a single click.
No need worry about having to learn a new system. The Grid Editor is entirely optional, and will complement, rather than replace the traditional circuit page. But we think you'll find it great to use, so please give it a try and let us know what you think.
It'll be available for desktop browsers after the new update which is due Tuesday 2nd June. This feature will not be present on mobile browsers but we will be releasing native mobile apps over the summer with some exciting new developments. To access the Editor just right click on any board, select Editor and you're set.
Other features included in this release are:
- A new fire alarm design, installation and commissioning certificate for domestic installers (FHP5)
- The ability to access circuit charts from locked certificates
- The ability to save circuit boards as template from locked certificates
- Automatically populating the notification with the installation address after completing a certificate
- And many 'under the bonnet' performance upgrades
For more information about, and how to use the Grid Editor, please see the following article; Grid Editor